Making Mint Tea different ways

What mint do you like for Mint tea??


I love my own fresh mint from the garden.  I like to mix it with lavender, lemon balm, and raspberry leaves from my garden.



        

I put all those fresh herbs and leaves in my tea maker and make a pitcher of iced tea.  I love the lavender and lemon when added.  It is so refreshing.


*****************************************

TIPS FROM MY MOM-
**When making mint tea take the leaf OFF the stem, it will make the tea less bitter!!***


**When making mint tea on the stove she takes a bunch of garden mint, 3/4 gallon of water, 3 bags Boston's Mint Tea.  She puts the water in a pot to boil.  Once the water is boiling she add the tea leaves and tea bags to the water.  We cover the boiler water pot with a lid and let it steep for 15-20 minutes.  Strain the tea and tea leaves out while pouring into a pitcher.  she adds about 2/3 C of sugar.

**********************************

When I don't have fresh mint, I will use whatever else I can find.  I love to experiment with different kinds of mint and different tea companies.


One of my favorite mints for Iced tea is Bigelow's Plantation Mint.

I have made it before with all Plantation Mint tea bags, but I have also made it with Lipton tea Iced Tea Brew as the base.  Once Lipton Iced Tea Brew and then 5 or 6 Bigelow Plantation Mint tea bags.  It is super refreshing.
The Bigelow peppermint is really wonderful, it might one of the closest to what I grow in my garden. It tastes like the tea I had growing up.


Another one I like is the local mint tea from Mint Brook Meadow's Tea.


Their tea is really strong- in a good way.  There is a lot of mint flavor that comes out.

What do tea do you use for mint tea?


No comments:

Post a Comment