Purple Butterfly Pea Tea made from Ohio Tea Company Teas!






This tea is super easy to make.  You make it like any other herbal tea.  And it turns out a beautiful blue color, you add citrus and you get a gorgeous purple color.  

The first time I made this tea I took 8 teaspoons of the butterfly pea blossoms and put them with hot water and no sugar- since I was adding lemonade to it.   I let it steep for about 10 minutes.

The tea by itself does not have a ton of flavor.   So, I have now added lavender and mint to the tea and the flavor is wonderful.



$5.25 an ounce
There are at least 28 known species of Lavender - some of these are wild and some are commercially cultivated - the plant grows everywhere from parts of Africa to China.


$5. an ounce
The Butterfly pea flower is native to southeast Asia and makes for beautiful, purplish blue cup when brewed on its own. 


$3.25 an ounce
A refreshing blend of green tea and mint, this tea suggests cool Mediterranean breezes along a hot afternoon desert. Made with tightly rolled gunpowder green tea to ensure briskness.

To make:

Add the 3 teas together and steep.  I have played around with adding less butterfly pea blossoms, because I really just need a little to get the color to change, it's not the flavor I am going for.   I add about 2-3 teaspoons of butterfly pea.

I also don't want the lavender to overtake, so I only put in about 3 teaspoons of lavender per pitcher.  

I then add the mint.  I put in 8 teaspoons of mint.  

I add boiler water and let steep for 10 minutes.




then a add cold water and I have my base.

Then I mix with lemonade or limeade.


It then goes from blue to purple.


I even stopped by Ohio Tea Company and shared a cuppa with the owners and their staff one day.  It was not my best butterfly tea, so that was a disappointment, but it was fun to share the tea with them and talk about tea.


I also make small batches too.




Just add your lemonade or limeade,

No comments:

Post a Comment