PMD Chai Cinnamon



I discovered PMD Tea while on Instagram one day.  And now I love following them. I love watching the videos and listening to their accents as they talk, and I love their tea now too.  

This tea company has been around for nearly 75 years and is on it's third generation of a family owned business.

I decided to order some tea in hopes of video chatting with David and drinking some tea together.  I see on their website you can pay to have tea with him.  I think I am going to start offering this service as well.  For $40 I will make a cup of tea and video chat with anyone and talk tea.



It is so fun to get packages in the mail.  And from the UK no less.


I ordered some tea and they even put in some samples for me to try and a nice hand written note.


The first tea I tried was the Cinnamon Chai.  I love a good chai and decided I have been hearing more and more how healthy Cinnamon is, so I would get a Cinnamon Chai.


This black, Ceylon Tea is from Sri Lanka and it is all hand plucked!!  Can you imagine?  I love knowing that my tea has been hand plucked and treated so well.  This tea is sold in Harrods in London.  

I have been there, well, I window shopped Harrods and London.  And then I had tea around the corner from them.  I could not afford Harrods, lol.  But, PMD tea is sold there.  I even saw a picture the other day that they were teaching a class at Harrods on serving their tea.  That is so cool!

I like my chai with milk and sugar.  I used local maple syrup for my sugar this time. I steeped the tea in my water that was 195 degrees for 4 minutes.  I then added some maple syrup and frothed some almond/coconut milk.



I like to add my maple syrup to the milk when I am frothing.  This is unsweetened milk and does not froth thick, but the taste is still there.
 

This chai smells wonderful and love the spicy, yet smooth cinnamon tasting notes. I think the tea is rich and full of body. It makes me feel warm and cozy too.  This chai is comforting. 


This Cinnamon Chai is 5 out of 5 tea cups for me.  The flavor is great!!  I wish the shipping cost was not so high, lol.  But, it was a special one time treat.  I may not be willing to share with chai with others so it lasts a little longer.    I ordered an Earl Grey tea which I look forward to trying next.



No comments:

Post a Comment