Matcha at River Road Coffeehouse, Newark

While in Newark I looked for a place for tea and I found River Road.


This was my first time to Newark.  I thought the down town was adorable.  It took me a minute to figure out the square and how to drive around it, but once I figured out the roads I enjoyed the area.



The coffeehouse was clean and the prices were good, but the staff was not overly friendly.  I felt like a bother and she was not super happy to serve me.  That is why they are getting 4 tea cups and not 5.
The matcha was good.  Not overly sweet, I enjoyed it.



I loved all the statues around the town square.  They were fun to look at and take pictures with.  This was Mark Twain, aka Samuel Clemens 


You can see the coffee shop in the background.  I enjoyed the downtown area.  There appeared to be some nice looking shops.  I wish I had had more time to look around and see what was there.


Licking County Courthouse.  Wow, what a gorgeous structure!  I was just in Carrollton and it reminded me a bit of that Courthouse, but this one is much grander and ornate.  It was beautiful!

I like our Wooster Courthouse too, but when they stand alone like this they seem way more stately and more majestic.

The one I really want to see is the Warren Courthouse, check that one out online, it is incredible.
google- Ohio Courthouses and let me know which one is your favorite.



No comments:

Post a Comment