The Zimmerman-Bury Octagon House Tea Party



The Octagon House on Rt 57 just outside Orrville had a garden tea party.
It was delightful.


It was a hot, hot day, but that didn't stop us from attending and even sitting outside.


The family was dressed in period costumes.


This is the owner, Mrs. Bury.  She and her family run the place.   They are doing more events this year to help pay for renovations that need to be done to the house.  And we all get to benefit from it.

She shared a bit about the house and the previous owners the Zimmerman's.


They had an artist there who was doing portraits. This is me....


This was our menu.  And they encouraged us to come back for seconds.


The food was scrumptious!!



I was sitting on the porch, but then a group of people came by and I came them my seat and I went to the gazebo.

Below is the daughter and granddaughter who help with the house.  The granddaughter is actually dating my cousins son- so I get to see her at family gatherings, which is fun!!


There was a breeze that came through the gazebo, it was very pleasant to sit there and finish my tea and goodies.



This is from their Facebook page.  They encouraged people to play yard games if they wished. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment