World's Largest Teapot and Teapot Days in Chester WV


It was Teapot Days in Chester WV.

My friend and I drove an hour and half to see the festivities.



 

I was excited to get a Fiesta teapot ornament.  I have seen the little teapots that Fiesta used to make and I wanted to get one.  But, alas, the ornament was not in the shape of tea pot- it was a round disk that said World's Largest Teapot, Teapot Days 2024.  They were $18 and the money was for the teapot, but I passed on that souvenir. 


 photo from the newspaper




We got there right about 10am and I have to say I was expecting more.  I thought that maybe the street would be closed off and it would be a real town festival.  I was thinking 50-75 vendors.  Sadly, there were maybe 15 vendors.  And no one was selling tea.

We walked around, snapped our photos and spent about 10 minutes there and left.


Thankfully the drive was nice and we had fun making a memory, but were hoping for more.  I would love to snag some friends and be apart of it next year.   Sell my tea.  I have a friend who makes pies and she could see those.  I have a friend who makes pottery and she could come too.  It would be great if they could get some food trucks and really make this an event for the town.  I do want to see them succeed and make money to keep the teapot up and running.


They were selling hot dogs and lemonade from the teapot.  I was hoping for some tea, lol.


By the big teapot, they have this little teapot, pictured below.  I did spend $21 and buy the 3D teapot to show my support of the teapot, plus it is super cute.  

I read in the newspaper there were crocheted teapots, but I never saw those.


Maybe I will go back next year.  And if I do, I hope they have someone selling tea, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment