The Grand Tea Room in Carrollton

I surprised my mom for her birthday with a trip to the Grand Tea Room in Carrollton.  She loves tea rooms and had never been to this one.  My dad, my mom, my aunt, and I headed down and had a great day!


I was here over the July 4th weekend, about 6 weeks ago and I was surprised the prices had gone up.  But, still the prices are great!!!!  My mom and I did tea for two and it was only $15 a piece- you aren't finding prices like this with food this delicious anywhere else near us!


I love that they know how to make a cup of tea!  They bring out the timer for each cup so that you can get the perfect cup of tea.  The tea is also in a tea ball, so that there is not loose leaf floating around in your teapot.  This is how you make a pot of tea!!!

I did the Chinese Jasmine.  It was great.  I loved the lightness of the tea and the lightness of the Jasmine.  This tea paired really well with my lunch.



This is our lunch for two.  So many yummy treats and great sandwiches.


I did the cucumber sandwich last time, but I didn't care for it.  I don't like cucumber in a croissant.  This time I did two chicken salads and an egg salad.  It is nice, they give you 5 sandwiches to select from- ham, chicken, egg, cucumber, or tuna.

The quiche was wonderful too, I did cheese and ham.  The scone was blueberry lemon and scrumptious.  They gave us strawberries and real whip cream and two cookies.





The Grand Tea room gets 5 teacups from me!!  The food is delicious, the prices are really reasonable, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the bathrooms are clean.


The cake they gave my mom for her birthday was gigantic. 


We then drove a few miles away to surprise friends at their grocery store in Kilgore. If you are in the area you should stop by and snag some groceries from them.  And soon they hope to have pizza.  They are fantastic people and you never know they may have just want you need at their store.




No comments:

Post a Comment