Iced London Cloud

I am a big fan of Earl Grey iced tea!!  

And when mixed with milk or cream it becomes an iced London Cloud.  It's so delicious and so easy to make.  And when I have lavender syrup on hand I froth that into the milk or cream for extra fun flavor.

The photo below is of the whipping cream not whipped as much as sometimes, because I like the cream mixed into the tea.  You can see a bit of a cloud on top, but there is not the difference you can see when I whip so much that the tea and cream are completely separated.


I was thrilled when I found tins of  Twinings  Earl Grey at Everything Surplus in Wooster.  I picked up 6 tins- and almost wish I had bought more.  I make at least 3 or gallons of Earl Grey a week.


I got these adorable cat ice cube trays I purchased at Meijer's Grocery.   The cats seem to be frowning, but they make me smile every time I use them in my tea.




Cold foam with heavy whipping cream is completely cheating- but holy cow it is amazing!!!! It becomes like whip cream and then with the lavender syrup in there- wow!  Just WOW!!

                    
               Scooping out the whipped heavy cream is so delicious.  I try not to think about the calories.
  
                   



You can see the difference if I whip the heavy whipping cream a little or a lot.  If I whip until I can't whip it any more than it sits right on top of the iced tea...but then the flavor doesn't get into the tea as much.  I love the look of the cloud on top, but I prefer to have it a little less whipped and have it mix into my tea more.

Also, when it is really whipped it is hard to get out a big cup...even with the straw.  



No comments:

Post a Comment