Make your own mint tea- experiment with mint


My raspberry bush- I add leaves.  You can't taste the leaves, but it's good for your digestive system.


Here is my mint.  You can add spearmint, peppermint, and I just learned chocolate mint!!  I've also heard catnip- but not tried that yet 😀


Here is my lavender I use for my tea.

Sometimes I add lemon balm- but not today.


My mom taught me to take the leaves off the stem so your tea doesn't get bitter. 


I also add a mint tea bag.  I like Boston Mint because that is what my mom
Used when we were little.  You can use ANY tea you want.  Play around- use mint, fruit flavor, black, green- get creative!!!


I run my iced tea machine 

Once my first batch is complete then I pour that tea into another pitcher and run it all again.  You can get 2--3 batches of iced tea with one set of leaves and bags. If you don't have extra pitchers- save a milk jug and wash it REALLY well!! Or an Orange Juice container.  Those are handy to put extra tea in.



My second batch I added some of this lavender mint tea I bought in Oregon 



Now I've got some amazing tea for the week-okay, that tea may only last 2-3 days 

No comments:

Post a Comment