2nd try at pink chai aka Noon Chai or Kashmiri Chai


 

I did some looking on line for Kashmiri Chai Tea.    I found on Amazon carries it from India, Teabox-2014 Kashmiri Kahwa Chai Tea - 100 grams / 3.5 oz- $12.58
 
 
 
So you guessed it- I ordered this tea- it came from INDIA!!!!  
 
 
Ingredients
32 ounces of milk
32 ounces cold water
12oz of cold water

1/4 tsp salt
2 heaping tbsp Kashmiri Chai
1/2 tsp baking soda
cinnamon stick (about 2 inches long)
6 green cardamom pods
4 tbsp sugar (or to taste)

finely chopped pistachios and/or almonds for garnishing

This recipe will yield 4-5 cups of Pink Chai

 
Over hi heat, pour cold water into pot. Add in Kashmiri chai, salt, baking soda, cinnamon stick and cardamom pods. Allow it to come to a boil, then lower to medium heat and cover. Allow to cook for 30 minutes, but check on it every 10 minutes, to make sure the water hasn't all evaporated. 
 
After 30 minutes, add in 12oz of cold water. Stir vigorously for 5 minutes.
 
Add in milk and sugar. Allow to come to a boil, then partially cover. Lower heat and allow to cook for 10 minutes., with the cover half on. You'll notice that the color is becoming a nice shade of pink!
 
Sieve the Chai, and once chai is poured into cups, sprinkle chopped almonds and/or pistachios on top. Its ready to drink! Yum!


Tea from India!  It comes vacuum sealed and it smells amazing!!!



Starting the process....,


Cooked for 30 minutes- it smells heavenly, I want to put a straw right in!!!


Added milk- bringing it to a boil and then let set on medium for 10 minutes


Okay- it's supposed to be pink!!!!  It's not!  I added more baking soda- still no pink!!


I don't have a sieve so trying to see how to drain the "tea" out 
Tried coffee filter- it broke 







So then I tried a tea filter thing- but it got clogged! 





Then I tried my pampered chef can strainer- but it let too much "tea" in 







I got enough and tried it- it was horrible!  Way to salty, I spit it out!!!  I will need to try one more time.  I want this to be my signature tea in my shop!

Plus I bought the tea from India!!!  I need to get the taste right and the pink happening!!!



My goal!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment