Floating Mosque, Yeos Teh Ais Limau




Looking for a photo opportunity while in Penang, I was told to check out the Floating Mosque.
This mosque was about 5 minutes from where I was staying.  I took a quick Grab ride here.  The Grab is like the US Uber.  The Grabs are super handy and cheap.  Not as cheap as the bus, but they are quicker and easier. 

The Grab was $1 US to get me to the mosque.



I was the only person at the mosque.  I was able to walk around and check things out without other folks milling around.


In 2013 there were 19.5 million Muslim.  As a Christian it is super sad to see so many lost. There is one way to heaven, Jesus.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."


It was beautiful here.  But, as always it was hot, super hot and I was parched!!  Luckily I found another vending machine that had tea in it.



Tea information in Penang:
Teh O Limau Panas - Lemon Tea
The Panas (=hot) is optional, sometimes you will get the drinks with ice anyway so you add "panas" just to make sure.
If you want a cold drink you just add "ais" to it:
Teh O Ais - Ice Tea
Teh O Ais Limau - Lemon Ice Tea


Any chance to get a refreshing tea I take it, especially when it is like .75!  This was a little sweeter then I like it, but it was sure refreshing!!!



This mosque is beautiful.  But, as  a Christian as I walked around the mosque and prayed for those who come here would find the truth.  The truth that Jesus was the way to eternal life. That Jesus loved them and died for them.



I loved seeing the fishing boats everywhere.  I wondered how well they do??

No comments:

Post a Comment