Tanjung Bungah- lemon Lipton Iced Tea


While in Penang I decided to get henna done on my hand, it was $10 RM, which is about $2.50.  It was fun to have this done.
The designs are applied to the skin with a thick paste made from the ground leaves of the henna plant (Lawsonia inermis) and have been used by desert cultures throughout the Middle East, Africa, India and Egypt for thousands of years.



I loved Malaysia- the people, the food, the beauty.  The one thing I could not get past was the heat.  Man, it was hot!! The temps were in the 90's with 90% humidity. Even the life long residents said it was too hot.  The only thing that helped was AC and a cold glass of tea!!



This is the great apartment building I stayed in with my friends parents.  The view was killer, lol!!  It was great to stay here for four days after my mission trip.


The view...



The apartment building I was staying in had soda machine.  The drinks were $1RM, which was like .25!!!
There were all kinds of unique drinks in the vending machine. Cold coffee, Cold Soy Bean Milk, Water, Soda, Tea, and more.

The vending machine...

chrysanthemum tea

Soy bean milk


I settled on Lipton Lemon Tea.  In the states I am not a fan of Lipton can tea- it is way to sweet.  But, I also remembered that when I was in Europe I loved the Lipton Peach tea, because it was made differently than in the states, and was not nearly as sweet.  And that is the same way with the Lipton Lemon tea.  This tea was good, not too sweet, I wish the US would take a clue from other countries and stop with all the sugar! 




No comments:

Post a Comment