Elderflower Prosecco Bird and Blend Tea (Elderflower Champagne)






Chinese oolong tea, elderflower, lemon verbena, apple pieces, orange peel, lemon peel, hibiscus, rosehip.


I made cold brew in this pitcher.  This is light tea with a hint of floral.  It is super light, almost hard to detect.  This might be one of my least favorite of Bird and Blend Teas.  I like something with more flavor.  I also love oolong, but I don't pick up any of the oolong flavor either.  I guess I am not going to fall in love with all of their teas, lol.


Cold brew is a great way to drink tea.  By not heating it, you are not releasing the tannins and you can add cold water over and over again. Also you retain more antioxidants than hot brew and also it releases only have the caffeine.  I usually can add water 2-3 more times to my glass or  pitcher of water.    

If I have bagged tea I do one bag per 8 oz of water.  When I do the loose leaf in a pitcher, I generally eye ball it, but if you want something more specific go with 4 Tbsp per 1 quart.


This tea used to be called Elderflower Champagne, but it is now Elderflower Prosecco.



You can also do cold brew by putting loose leaf in a empty tea bag and steep in the cold water.



No comments:

Post a Comment