Day 13, Featuring Teavana Acai Mateini Tea


Day 13 of working from home, featuring Teavana Mate Tea.
I am fever free, so I am cleared for work!


Mate, is a traditional South American caffeine-rich infused drink. It is the National Beverage in Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay.

Mate is an herbal tea made from the leaves and twigs of the Ilex paraguariensis plant.
The leaves are typically dried over a fire, then steeped in hot water to make the tea.
Mate is traditionally consumed from a container called a gourd and sipped with a metal straw that has a filter at its lower end to strain out the leaf fragments.

I hate that this tea is no longer available!!!   I love this tea.  The fruits all blend so well together, not one shines above the rest.  It's almost dry tasting, it's a wonderfully unique tea.  I don't want to say anything else, or you will be so very sad that you won't be able to find this tea on store shelves. 



I did not drink out of a gourd, but I did use this cup that is shaped just like one.  Ohio Tea Company has them specifically made for their store.

So, I featured this tea and sadly it is not available anymore.  But, I do encourage you to find a Mate tea.  I love the unique their flavors.

The caffeine level is high in a Mate tea, like a black tea- and sometimes even more caffeine.   This is a good morning tea, it will give you a jump.

Have a great day...and find joy and spread joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment