Virtual Tea Party


A friend from work, said he had a daughter who enjoyed tea.  I was trying to get him to come over for tea- knowing he couldn't, since he lives far away. So, we decided to have a virtual tea party.   They live in a different state, but with technology today being far away does not matter.

I got my giant Moose, Martin, my tea and tea set and got ready to drink tea with my little friend.


I mailed her some tea.


I sent her these three teas.  Her mom made the teas and then she taste tested them while we were on the phone together.


I sent her all herbal (which means no caffeine).  The peach tea was to be added to ice water for iced tea.  The herbal with chunks of fruit, and then the chrysanthemum was an instant tea from Malaysia. 



I even got "semi" dressed up for the tea party.  Her dad said she got dressed up too and had her mom do her hair before the phone call.  


She asked me about each tea and then she tried them.  Her favorite was the chrysanthemum, which is funny, because she was not excited about the flower tea when I first told her about it.

She was excited to add cream to one of the teas as well as sugar.  
She sang me three songs- my favorite was My Eye is on the Sparrow- she rocked it!  She also sang the B-I-B-L-E and Jesus Loves Me.  
She also showed me her stuffed animals, her dog Daisy.  She told me about Noah and the Ark.  She even read me stories from the Bible.
She is adorable!!  It was so fun to drink tea with her!!  We said we would have to do it again sometime soon.

As you can see it sometimes takes just a little effort to make someones day.  I hope in this time that you are looking for ways, no matter how small they are, to brighten someones day.  A simple phone call, a card in the mail, some flowers on their porch, or even a virtual tea party.  Take the time today to reach out to someone.

Find joy and give joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment