Adagio - Almond Oolong




From the website. "Combining savory almond with the bright, fruity-floral taste of Taiwanese oolong tea, our Almond Oolong is great on its own, as well as the perfect dessert complement. Smooth, clean and unroasted almond nutty aroma. Full, rounded body and sweet marzipan flavor. The only question now is, is it ok to have two desserts in one evening?"


Adagio has great teas, and you can get a sample that serves 5 cups for $2.00 this is a wonderful way to try there teas and see what you like.

I love almond and I love oolong tea.  Oolong has more caffeine than green tea, but less that black tea.  You want your water to be less than 200 degrees.  You will steep for about 3 minutes and you can get two cups out of one serving. 

Oolong tea pairs really nicely with Asian food.

The almond oolong is really good.  It has really nice almond flavor. It does not have the rolled oolong leaves that you sometimes see, but tit does have the brown more twiggy look.  The tea flavor is really good.  If I were to drink this tea alone, without food I may add milk.  But, drinking this with Chinese food I drank it with nothing added.   I really enjoyed it!


I am excited that my local Chinese restaurant, Ming Hing, is open!  I love their steamed dumplings and Curry Chicken.   I had enough for two meals.  Their food is so delicious!!  And I loved it paired with the almond oolong tea. 



02/10/2021

Still enjoying Almond Oolong


When I make tea in the french press, I put the tea above the press so that I can lift the press when the tea is done steeping, that way I don't over steep it.  Or I put the loose leaf tea a tea bag to steep.




Enjoying a few cups at work.  I put the tea in the tea bag and then on top of the press and added water.


I love the sweet almond flavor of this tea. This does not have the typical Oolong flavor I am used too, but I still really like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment