Chintz Tea pot at Friendtique and Otts Tea- Iced London Cloud


One of my last Wednesday Wanderings took me to Wooster's Friendtique.

I discovered Friendtique a few years ago and I love it.  I actually hit it last year on a 50% off day too.  The money raised goes to Hospice, so that is great too.



If you have followed my blog you know that I love chintz pottery and I have always wanted a piece. Well, here was my chance!  This teapot and pitcher was $35 on half price.  
I actually let it sit there for a few days....It wasn't my favorite pattern, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend $17.50 on it.


But, on Wednesday I did find some great deals.

The tea pot with the warming cozy for $4, the tea cup for $4.


The silver tea pot for $7.50, the copper tea set for $10.


I also purchased this tea pot for $4- and I have a matching piece at home.  I also purchased a pumpkin mug for my friend for a $1.

$30 for my finds....YES!!!



These were two pieces I looked at...The electric double teapot set was gorgeous, but it was still $35 on sale.  I also would rather have a metal set, I would be afraid to break the pottery set.  But, it was beautiful.

Then the Teapot lamp, would have been a fun joke, but it was $50 on sale...so, it is still there, lol.


The shop is really fun.  If you are in Wooster, you should stop in.

Wed, Thurs & Fri 10am-5pm  - Saturday 10am-4pm  - Closed Sunday, Monday and Tuesday



 I also met a lady at Frienditque while I was shopping.  We got to talking and I told her I was looking for tea items.  She came up to me in the store a few minutes later and said, she had tea pieces she had purchased for a tea party and she no longer needed any of it, so if I wanted I could come get them from her...yes, please!!

So, below are the fun pieces I picked up from here.  How incredibly generous of her to donate them to my tea party collection.




I also popped over to Wooster and saw my friend Megan :)


Then I picked up some Ott's Tea for my friend Kristie and I.  Ott's was also at Amy's Bakery, so I snagged us some macaroons too.


My friend Briana was working.  I had her make me two Iced London Clouds.

(A London Cloud is really just Earl Grey Tea iced- but then when you add the foam it becomes a London Cloud.  If it were served hot it would be a London Fog)



The more I thought about it, the more I wanted the teapot. 
I went back on Saturday and confirmed it was Chintz, since it was not marked on the bottom.


I confirmed it was Chintz, so I purchased it.




I got home, washed it and decided to make some tea.

I had picked up some tea cups and saucers at Journey in Time, but they weren't marked Chintz.  But, now I know about the Google photo search.  I decided to see if this tea cup and saucer was real Chintz....


It is real!!!  Someone is selling it for $45 and I paid around $10 for it!!!!


So fun to relax and use my china at the end of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment