Making a teacup bird feeder


In blue is my inspiration piece...a teacup bird feeder. The purple one is my take on it.


I looked around for candle chandeliers and I just could not find any.  All the chandeliers I found were electric.  They did not have the flat base and I would have to do some maneuvering and cut off of "candle" part of the lamp.

So, I found this candle chandelier on Amazon.  It was a nice size for the area that I wanted to put it. It came black and I painted it purple.

I was given a free arbor and I wanted to hang the chandelier in the middle. So, I began setting up the arbor and testing to be sure the chandelier would work.


I look old teacups and saucers and glued them on to the chandelier. 


I am not sure I tipped the cups correctly.  I think the handles should have been up in the air.  We will see it may just gather water and become a bord bath and not a bird feeder.  This is fine too, I really don't want to get into buying bird seed...hahahaha.




This turned out about the way I wanted.  I wanted it to be low enough people could see the teacups.  Yet, doing that people can't walk under it, but I think I am okay with that.  Next year I will plant some climbing flowers on the arbor.


No comments:

Post a Comment