City Roast, West Side Market - Cleveland, OH, Iced Chai (and amazing crepes!!)

Another Wednesday Wanderings...love having Wednesdays off in the summer...
 
(This photo is courtesy of the internet-Wikipedia)
 
A friend and I spent my Wednesday off at West Side Market in Cleveland.  We love to try ethnic food, so we thought we were going to eat Cambodian, but were surprised to see all the food all made and being heated in a microwave there.  It seemed more to be take home food. We decided to keep looking.




 

We found a crepe place, right next to a coffee and tea place.  So, we decided to go French.  I decided to get an iced Chai while waiting.  The staff was not overly friendly...they seemed more intent on talking to each other then their customers. I had to ask to be waited on as they chatted with each other while counting their cash. They almost seemed annoyed with me asking about their tea products.
 
Customer service is key, and I was turned off here by the service I received.  I know we all have bad days, but sometime you have to fake it.  They did not seem to care about me as a paying customer.  I know I wasn't a super star, but they did not know who I was or that I was a blogger and had the opportunity to tell the world about my experience...good or bad.  So people be kind. 
But, the chai was good.

The drink had a ton of ice in it.  If you go there and you get the chai, ask for light on the ice and maybe you will get more to drink.  Over all I was not super impressed.

The crepes on the hand were delicious!!!  We waited in line for probably 45 minutes, but it was worth it.

 
Heidi got spinach, brie, and ham.

I got the spinach, sauteed mushrooms, Gruyere cheese, mustard and pepper.  Boy, was it great!!!!

These were great crepes!  We made a great choice for lunch!!



Boy, was it hot and humid today.  You can't see I'm dripping in sweat- thankfully!


Look my name, and they spelled it right!!!




 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment