Coconut oolong, The Tea Dude





A friend at work introduced me to the Tea Dude in Medina.  I am a fan!!!
One of my favorite teas is Coconut Oolong, and I love trying tea companies coconut oolong.  This tea is technically not an oolong, but I really like this tea.


This tea is full of coconut.  This tea is a mix of black and green tea, which they are calling oolong, but this is not a true oolong.

Oolong is neither a black tea nor a green tea; it falls into its own category of tea. Yet an oolong may end up with more black tea characteristics or more green tea characteristics depending on the direction the tea master takes in the processing of the tea. The biggest difference between oolong tea and black or green teas? Oxidation and shape.  Oolongs oxidation falls in between the black and the green.  Also, the leaves are usually rolled.  
It is amazing to me how different all the teas can be and that they come from the same plant, the Camellia sinensis tea plant.

I made and enjoyed an entire pot of coconut tea.  It was really great.



Follow the directions of making the tea.  Use the right temperature of the water, the correct amount to water, the correct amount of tea and steep it for the correct amount of time.  Each tea can be different....doing it right makes ALL the difference. 


This is my adorable cozy that my friend knitted for me.  I love it.



Enjoying this tea!


No comments:

Post a Comment