3 tea pots


I won a Mother's Day Contest.  I was given a nights stay at the Carlise Inn in Sugar Creek.  This included the night stay, dinner the night before and breakfast. 


I was so excited and I took my parents.  We have so much fun together.  The Inn is only about 45 minutes away.  I took the Friday off and we played in Amish County together....eating, antiquing and finding fun teas.

While antiquing I found these three adorable tea pots. The first two were from Strasburg and the copper pot  was from Walnut Creek.



This little guy was $5.


This little guy was $5.


This little guy was $8 or $9.

I just love them.  And I love that the only things I bought this weekend were three little tea pots.


We had fun in Sugarcreek.  It has been years since I was in this "Swiss" town.  I do still have some Kaufmann family there and my dad even pointed out several grave yards were family including my great great grandparents were buried. 

When I was younger than 8, because I was 8 when my grandpa died, we used to go to eat at the Alpine Alpa with my Lehman grandparents.  I was never a fan of the Amish cooking, but it was a treat to go upstairs and see the Worlds Largest Cuckoo Clock.

The restaurant is no longer there, bur Sugar Creek kept the clock.  It brought back so many great memories to see it play.


The Carlise Inn is gorgeous.  It was all decorated for Christmas.  We had so much fun.






Sunset


Sunrise


No comments:

Post a Comment