The Slow Train Cafe in Oberlin, Lavender Earl Grey Iced Tea


Abby and I were both in Vermilion for the Bible Missionary Conference at Beulah Beach Camp.  We wanted to take one of our afternoons and find teas in the area.  While we were out an about we saw a field of Sunflowers.  We popped out and snapped a few pics.


We were all over the place.  One of the towns we went to was Oberlin.   We were sad to find that The Local Coffee and Tea place was closed.  This was the second time we have tried to get tea here.


We walked across the street and went to the cute bakery and Abby bought some cake for her family to share.


This is a really cute bakery!  The Blue Rooster Bakehouse is adorable.



We then walked up the street and around the corner and went to The Slow Train Cafe.  This is the second time we have been here together.





I decided to try their Lavender Earl Grey Iced Tea.  with Homemade Lavender Syrup...but when I asked if it was local lavender, I was told it was a bottled syrup.  I was not impressed with the false advertising. They actually used Monin syrup.

There is indoor seating. 


There is outdoor seating as well.


The Lavender Earl Grey had nice notes of lavender and yet I could still tell it was an Earl Grey based tea.


The lavender Earl Grey tea was really nice and the price was great.  But, they are getting a 3 tea cup rating because the claim to use homemade lavender syrup but this is a bottled syrup that  I have in my home.  Why say homemade when it is store bought?????


Maps is a great way to find things in your area.  I love to go to a new town and type in tea and see what is around me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment