Golden Milk Latte, Harney & Sons- also featuring a Rudy Whistle Pottery Mug

I am a huge fan of turmeric.  I am always trying to find new turmeric drinks.  I love the Golden Milk Lattes.  Golden Milk is packed with so much goodness.  For me it is a step up from a chai.  Chai has those great spices, but I think the Golden Milk kind of elevates the spices and flavors...and it so good for you.

When you go to the cafe a Golden Milk latte can cost you around $3.50-$5.00.
But, you can make them at home cheaper and the way you like it.
You can get this 8 oz for $24.00, that gives you roughly 100 lattes.


Golden milk, also known as haldi doodh in hindi or as turmeric milk in popular culture, is a drink with a lot of history. ... The basic recipe involves combining animal or plant milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and some kind of sweetener. Some recipes also include black pepper, nutmeg, or other spices and sweeteners.
The potential benefits of golden milk include:
1. Reducing inflammation
2. Preventing cell damage
3. Improving mood
4. Supporting brain function and improving memory
5. Preventing heart disease
6. Possibly reducing the risk of cancer
7. Lowering blood sugar levels
8. Boosting the immune system
9. Improving bone health
10. Aiding digestion


Ingredients:
Turmeric, ginger, coconut, black pepper, chicory root powder. 



To make my Golden Milk Latte I put Oat Milk in my frother and add 1 tsp of the latte powder and blend.  It really is that quick and that easy!!  It heats the latte, but I add ice to cool it down.  It is delicious!  I am just obsessed with with Golden Milk right now.

When I first started drinking it I added maple syrup, but since I am watching my weight, I no longer add any sweetness to it.




With the oat milk there is a richness and creaminess that adds so much to this tea.  I mate it with an almond milk and I was not such a fan- it was more watery. 


I made this for my co-workers ... and they really enjoyed it


My friend owns a pottery studio and she made me this amazing mug!!! I am drinking this Golden Milk Latte more and more, so this time I used her new great mug.





This is fantastic.   Super healthy, great tasting, and really affordable.  I love the coconut pieces in there!  There is a nice pepper flavor that comes through too.  I am a huge fan of this latte mix!!


No comments:

Post a Comment