Butterfly pea tea - trying it with lemon and with oranges






Organic Green Tea, Organic Spearmint leaf, Organic Chamomile blossom, Organic Moringa leaf, Organic Lavender buds.

I can't stand chamomile tea, but I honestly don't taste it in this tea.  This is my new favorite way to make the Butterfly Pea Tea.  This mix of lavender and spearmint is so good!


I zested and squeezed fresh lemon into the tea.  Once I do this the tea turns a beautiful purple color.  Butterfly pea tea is so unique- anytime you add citrus to it, it turns from a blue color to purple.


I took some to work for my co-workers to enjoy.


I also tried it with an orange, it was good, but I think I prefer a lemon or lime.


Because of the green tea- I heat the water to about 170-175 degrees, I don't want to bruise the leaves or get a bitter taste.


I do a teaspoon of tea per 8 oz of water.  For a pitcher of tea, I add 7-8 scoops of tea.


Here is the orange I zested and squeezed.



Before citrus is added....


after citrus is added....


Earl Grey wanted to check it out too.


The darker purple one is the lemon.  The bluer one, is the orange- I don't think I added enough citrus to the tea.


The gals loved.  One co-worker enjoyed the lemon butterfly tea so much, that she is paying me to make it by the gallon for her.  She brings in her pitcher and I bring it back a few days later full of butterfly pea tea,  (No butterflies are injured in making these teas)




Two thumbs up from everyone for the butterfly pea tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment