Hibiscus Iced Tea


I am love Hibiscus Iced Tea.  Hibiscus is tart, but oh so refreshing and delicious.   

To make a pitcher of iced tea, I add 1/4 C Sugar, and 7 or 8 tsp of Hibiscus.  I have also added Tazo Passion tea to the mix.  I have also added fresh mint from my garden.  It is fun to experiment with the flavors.

When I was Guinea West Africa, they make this tea and use a ton of sugar.  They call it Bissap.  The sugar that they sometimes use is a vanilla sugar, they also add mint.



There are some great benefits to hibiscus tea....just be sure you are not cancelling out all those benefits by adding tons of sugar to the tea.  You can also add mint or other herbs to the hibiscus to help offset the tartness of the tea.

  1. Protects with antioxidants. The hibiscus plant is rich in antioxidants such as beta-carotene, vitamin C and anthocyanin
  2. Fights inflammation
  3. Lowers blood pressure
  4. Lowers cholesterol
  5. Promotes weight loss
  6. Fights bacteria
  7. Supports liver health


I took this tea to work and it was a hit.  I served it cold, but it can also be served hot.


It is a beautiful color too.  




No comments:

Post a Comment