Day 28 Featuring The Green Garden- Butterfly Pea


Day 28 of working from home.  I am fever free, so I am good to go.

For all those parents who are teaching science, this one is for you!!!  I am going to make blue tea turn purple!!


I have butterfly pea flowers.  There are lots of edible flowers that make good tea- I've had dandelion tea, marigold tea, hibiscus tea, rose tea, etc.  Well, here is butterfly pea tea.



from Amazon, "Butterfly pea tea is naturally blue and made by collecting butterfly pea flowers, also known as Asian Pigeon Wing, in bloom during the early morning hours which are then immediately sun-dried. No chemicals are used in the process nor while growing the flowers, so you can be sure to receive a 100% natural ingredient.
A beautiful colorful tea that can be brewed either hot or cold, and blue or purple! The Butterfly pea flower is an incredible blue plant that has been used for centuries in Thai traditional cooking. When the dried flowers are brewed, the drink turns to a delightful blue. If you then squeeze a slice of lemon into the tea, it magically turns from blue to purple right before your eyes. This fun drink can be mixed with syrup, honey, and lemon to give you that sweet, herbal taste. The benefits of this tea include strengthening hair, keeping it looking silky and soft, and naturally detoxing body. This tea can also be made cold by adding ice, turning it into a delightful summer drink." 

These are straight up Butterfly Pea flowers


Since this is am herbal tea, I heated the water to over 200 degrees.  I steeped for 3 minutes.  The water turned this beautiful blue color!!  I love it!!


Once you have the tea- if you add lemon (or in this case lime) juice to the tea it turns purple!!!


How gorgeous is that?!!!  I love this purple!!!

The tea itself doesn't have much taste, since I added lime, it mainly tasted like a warm lime tea.  I bet if you add these flowers to other teas if you get this same great color?  If herbal tea is kind of a yellow color and if I add these blue flower- I wonder if I will get a great green color?  I will have to try it and let you know.


Today my friend, Pam, stopped by for some tea.  I made her the Bird and Blend Earl Grey Creme tea into a London Fog.  It was such a nice surprise to see her!


Sarah popped over for some bubble tea.  I made her a lavender bubble tea with pomegranate bursting bubble.  Sarah is the one who painted me the picture below.  I think it is great, it is hanging in my living room right now! 


#Kettleson
#KerriesCupofTea

Hope you are finding joy and giving joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment