Tea Cozy's for my tea cup....

you can see my cat was checking them out...
Okay I was on Etsy (see the link at the end of the blog) and I saw these ADORABLE  tea cozy's for cups with hot drink.  They range from $5-$18.  I thought I could make those for cheaper.  So, I went to my craft closet and pulled out some sweaters that I had felted in the past.  (Do you know what felting is?  You take a 100% wool sweater and wash it in the hottest water you can and then dry- it then can be cut and used for crafts and not fray)  I used to make purses out of felted sweaters.  I wanted to see if I had any spare material and I did, and even better I had the sleeves!!!  I cut the sleeves and then decorated then and slipped them on my Turvis Tumbler cups.  I found that the thinner the material the easier it was to hold in my hand.  Below, see what I made....







 This black one was my favorite.  And  I then found these cute buttons.  I also make rings, I had used these buttons to make rings.  But, I had a few left. I then took green string and went up and down to make it look like a stem.  I have decided I still want to try to knit one as well.

 http://www.etsy.com/search/handmade?q=tea+cozy+cup+holder&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US&page=2

Here are ones I found on Etsy.....












No comments:

Post a Comment