Tea cup ride....


I thought something different might be fun tonight, but still tea related.    In 1993 or 94 I went to see my college friends in Florida.  We visited Disney...and I rode the tea cups!  I know that people say that there is magic at Disney, I never caught the magic.   But,  I had an amazing time with my college friends. My older sister told me this summer that her husband did not "get Disney", but then he went and he now says he "caught the magic"

Tea Cups at the Disney Theme Parks

You either love ‘em or you hate ‘em. There isn’t much middle ground when it comes to the Tea Cups. I categorize this attraction as a “Spin & Puke” ride so you can guess what camp I’m in. Actually, I will venture onto the Tea Cups just as long as my fellow passengers swear on their life that they will not turn the wheel inside the cups to make them spin faster. Usually the threat of wearing my recently consumed lunch is enough to make them keep their promise.
The Tea Cups are inspired by the Disney animated movie “Alice in Wonderland” which was released in 1951. Walt’s retelling of this famous story is based primarily on Lewis Carroll's “Alice's Adventures in Wonderland” with a few additional elements from “Through the Looking-Glass.”



No comments:

Post a Comment