NUMI SAVORY TEA Tomato Mint

 
My sister gave me some teas to try.   I am not sure about a savory tea.  I think it might be better for marinating chicken in than drinking, but I am dying to give it a try and be proved wrong about what I think.  I think maybe it will taste like a soup.  I also am nervous to try it!  She gave me other interesting flavors too....Spinach Chive, Carrot Curry, Broccoli Cilantro, Beet Cabbage, and Fennel Spice


 
I steeped the black tea for 3 minutes, the smell is great!  Not a normal tea smell, more of a soup smell.  The color is beautiful looks more like an herb tea than a  black tea.  okay, here I go....I am going to take a sip...
I mainly taste spiciness, it's like hot water and spice, almost like an oregano.  Very odd, I do not know I would drink it again.  It would be nice for a marinade.
 

This bright Mediterranean infusion is reminiscent of the sweet savory scent of stuffed grape leaves (dolmas). The combination of ripe tomatoes, mint leaves, decaf black tea, a touch of cinnamon and lemon peel makes for a zesty, mouthwatering cup.
from the website:


We named our company Numi after the Middle Eastern dried lime teasan that we drank as children in Iraq. Traditionally harvested and dried in the hot desert sun, this rare dried lime is steeped in hot water and has been enjoyed as a tea for centuries (Numi in Arabic means citrus). Numi has a distinct, tart citrus flavor and is an oasis of health.

While the tea inspired both the creation and naming of our company, we have come across several iterations and meanings from around the world for these resonant two syllables
Numi inspires well-being of mind, body and spirit through the simple art of tea. Our company is rooted in the principle of creating a healthful product that nurtures people and honors the planet. With all of our company initiatives, we strive to foster a healthy, thriving global community while bringing you the purest, best-tasting organic tea.

Our teas are made using premium quality, hand-picked organic and fair trade teas and herbs, blended with only real fruits, flowers and spices. Nothing else. We offer a range of Green, Black, White and Pu·erh teas as well as Herbal Teasans in tea bags.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment