Tea from Singapore....

I am so excited!  A girl from church is heading out of the country and she asked me if I wanted some Chinese tea.  She did not want it to go bad while she was out of town.  I of course jumped on it!  Allison said that her uncle brought her this tea from Singapore!!!!  She dropped it off for me.  I am now trying to figure out what kind of tea it is....
 
How fun...SINGAPORE!
 
Singapore  officially the Republic of Singapore, is a Southeast Asian island city-state off the southern tip of the Malay Peninsula, 137 kilometers (85 mi) north of the equator. An island country made up of 63 islands, it is separated from Malaysia by the Straits of Johor to its north and from Indonesia's Riau Islands by the Singapore Strait to its south
 
I have tried the website  www.tianranzc.com
- but it is ENTIRELY in Chinese!  I am looking for a translation button, but I can not find it :)
 
 
(photo from website)
 
www.tianranzc.com
昆山天然茶业有限公司 百年藏茶中国区大盘商
总部:苏州昆山开发区同丰路樾城路40~42#(市府后门) 直营店:苏州昆山城北区花园路茶叶街469~471#
TEL:+86-0512-5736-3900 TEL:+86-0512-5782-6179
技术支持:昆山市埃特魔石网络科技有限公司 www.eitmos.cn
 
 

 
Check out this tightly rolled tea.  It smells very different, but I look forward to trying the tea...
 

 
Okay, here I go.  I was not sure how long to steep- I went for 2 1/2 minutes. Oh, wow- I like it.  It is kind of mellow.  Not strong or over bearing in flavor.  Thankfully it does not taste like it smells :)  I will have to share this one with Robin!

1 comment:

  1. I looked at it with Google Chrome, and there is a translation option that pops up. It looks like it's a Tibetan tea? And they have a blog :) I had a few cups, I think I steeped it too long, and I didn't care for it.

    ReplyDelete