Guayaki Yerba Mate Enlighten Mint Tea



I found these tea in a gas station in PA, while traveling.  I wasn't sure what to think, but they were on sale, so I tried them.

I have to say they were really good.  If there wasn't so much sugar in them I would get them again.  But, for me I don't like to add sugar to my tea- kind of defeats the purpose of the healthy drink.

The peppermint was really refreshing as was the Revel Berry one.  Again, other than the sugar, I would recommend these teas.


from the website, "Uniquely grown in the rich ecosystem of the rainforest, Guayakí Yerba Mate is cherished as a sacred beverage. Unlike most conventional yerba mate grown today, Guayakí Yerba Mate is shade grown , delivering more flavor and nutritional value. Sheltered from direct sunlight, rainforest-grown yerba mate leaves are dark, emerald green and teeming with nutrients and flavor.

Guayakí Yerba Mate is grown, harvested, and dried according to time–honored traditions. Harvested from the lush subtropical forest, Guayakí hand picks only the leaves and tender stems. After passing through a flash-heating process to protect antioxidants and nutritional properties, the green leaves are dried at a low temperature and aged for a smooth, rich and balanced flavor."




No comments:

Post a Comment