Lucy's Ethiopian Restaurant, Ethiopian Tea- Cleveland Ohio

This is the back entrance, a nice place to park.


Another Wednesday Wanderings took my friend Heidi and I took Cleveland. 
Heidi and I love to try ethnic food.  We found some amazing Ethiopian food at Lucy's.

The have a coffee ceremony that you can take part in. Below is the set up for that.  The decor was nice.



Lucy's opened in 2017.  
Rita was our server, she was so helpful and friendly.   She explained all the food we ate and even had the Chef come out and greet us.




I was thrilled and surprised to find Ethiopian Tea here!  They said it would take about 20 minutes to make.  It did not take that long.  The tea was full of spices.  I added milk and some Ethiopian sugar.  It was really good, it blended really nice with the spices of the food.

 After reviewing articles on line, I see that spices typically in Ethiopian tea would be- Cinnamon, ginger, cardamon, cloves, and nutmeg.  It does have a chai like flavor, but there is definitely a difference.  I did really like it.



This is the front of the building.



Heidi and I enjoying our food.  I got the chicken combination platter and Heidi ordered the vegetarian platter and then we shared the items.


The injera is like their bread.  You use it to scoop of the food.  It was really yummy.



The food was so good.  We are for sure going back!!!  Twice a month they have all you can eat buffets for $15.  I want to go to that to try more food.

What a fun experience to eat with my hands.


I finished it all!  And you can see that injera lined the plate with all the food on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment