Day 37, featuring Simple Loose Leaf Tea, Formosa Oolong


Day 37, the start of week 8!

I am fever free and ready to rock out another week.  The days and weeks are flying by for me.  How are they for you?  I hope as you read this you are doing well.

I hope you can find comfort that God is in control and that none of this has surprised Him!!!


I am featuring Simple Loose Leaf Tea that I did as a monthly tea trial.

One of the things I love about this company is that it was started by three siblings, I love the family aspect.  They also have a vast selection of teas- over 200 from around the world.

https://simplelooseleaf.com/


EACH BOX INCLUDES
4 new hand-selected premium loose leaf teas
10 grams (0.35oz) of each loose leaf tea
4 reusable linen tea filters Made in the USA
Information on each of the teas with tasting notes

They have several options- tea monthly, tea bi-monthly, or tea quarterly

I tried monthly- $30 for 3 months, that makes it $10 a month.


The tea I picked today was the Oolong.  Oolong is my favorite of the teas.  The leaves are usually rolled into a ball or there is longer leaves that are twisted.  These are the longer leaves.

This tea is from Taiwan, which used to be called Formosa.  I never knew that until I started drinking tea.  So, if you have Formosa Oolong - that means it is Oolong from Taiwan.

The Oolong tea fits in between the green and black.  It was more caffeine then green tea, but less that Black.  

I typically like to steep my Oolong at 190 degrees for 3 minutes.  I can almost always get two cups of tea from one serving. 

I love that Simple Loose Leaf gives a little note about each tea.  It is a great way to learn a little about the tea that you are drinking!




I enjoyed this tea.  It was light in flavor.  I am usually go for a tea with a fruit or flower note, but this didn't really have either of those notes for me.  I tasted for the peach undertones, but I wasn't picking those up.

But, I enjoyed the tea.  I had two very nice cups of Formosa Oolong.


If you are out and about and want to try this tea...the Kettle is on today.  While I am working from home anyone is welcome to stop by for a FREE cup of tea to go.


I have done several monthly subscriptions- Plum Deluxe , Story of My Tea, and Sipsby.

Each subscription is different.  
Plum Deluxe sends you one tea per month for $10.- it is the special of the month and then another sample to try.
Story of My Tea- $14.17 a month, was the one my nephews loved, it was blind tea tasting.  You received 4 teas that only tell you how to make them.  The description and kind of tea is in sealed envelope.  You guessed what you were tasting.
Sisby-  was $15 a month, and they send you 4 different teas from 4 different companies.  It is a great way to discover new tea.
Simple Loose Leaf- sends you 4 different teas that they make.

It just depends on what you are looking for.  I have enjoyed all the tea subscriptions to date.

#Kettleson

Find joy and give joy

2 comments:

  1. Really nice post. I usually prefer to drink Winter Tea.

    https://www.chinesemedicineliving.com/blog/winter-tea-an-add-on-to-the-festive-season/

    ReplyDelete