Day 38 featuring Adagio, Tangerine Tuxedo Tea. And a trip to Journey in Time.



Day 38 and I am fever free.  What a blessing to be able to work from home.  Super excited though that things are starting to open today.  Thought though, you could use a little humor today.
Here is your humor for the day:


I saw this tea on line and decided to splurge.  Yes, I have splurged on a few teas while in quarantine- I like to think of it as helping small business.  The other splurge was the tea bag shaped like a fish...but, I guess I bought that earlier, I just showed it in the featured tea during the quarantine.

But, I have tried a few new companies while in quarantine- Teas & Such, Loosen Up, Simple Loose Leaf Tea, and Voce.  So, I guess in that way I am helping small businesses.  And all of those tea companies were successful teas for me.  And lest you think I like all teas, I am a tea snob, lol!!  I am pretty particular about the teas I drink.  I want quality tea!  That is what I am trying to share with you through my blog- what I am discovering as I drink tea.

Anyway, this is a new tea for me.  I have had tea from Adagio before and always found them to be really good, so I was super excited to try this tangerine tuxedo ball.  




So, this tea is a splurge because you get 2 tea balls for $8!!!  Yes, $4 a tea ball- granted you should get about 4 cups out of each ball, but it is pricey.  I looked at it as an experience.  I love a good tea experience.  Also, I was thrilled when I opened the bag and found THREE balls in the bag.  I shared one with a friend and I can't wait to see what she thinks.


This little tangerine ball is adorable!  I love the little hat that comes on it. 

They suggest breaking it up to get multiple servings from the ball. I decided to brew it in tea pot and not break it up.

My goal was to brew a pot and then have another pot later.  But, I did not the tea to sit in the tea leaves and get bitter.  So, I took another tea pot and "seasoned" it.  That means I put hot water in a tea hot and then poured it out- thus making the tea pot warm and better to keep the tea I was pouring into it warmer longer. 
Since there were loose leaves floating around in the glass pot, I put a strainer into the other tea pot, to catch the loose leaves.


I then pulled out the strainer and had a pot of tea that would stay warm for almost an hour.  Bonus- there was no tea steeping in the 2nd pot.  And the first pot was ready later to add more water and do a 2nd brewing. 




Okay, trying this tea as I sit down to work today.


I took two sips and threw the rest of the cup and pot of tea away.

Sadly I don’t like it! 😒. It has a fishy taste to it.  Wondering if that’s from a spoiled tangerine???  Very sad- I was super excited.  Sorry to feature a tea that was bad 😳😳😳
I love the idea of this tea.  I love the uniqueness of this tea.  But, sadly and most importantly I do love the taste of this tea.
I have one more ball left.  I do want to try it and see if I just got one bad tangerine.  I always say, try the tea twice if you didn't like it the first time.  Maybe the water temp was wrong, maybe the steep time was wrong.  This time, maybe I got a bad tea ball.

ATTEMPT #2:


I tried it again, this time, I measured out one scoop and I did not include the tangerine.  But, same results- salty fishy taste.  BUMMER!


But, don't let this stop you from trying Adagio.  I really do like their other teas.  My favorite from them right now is Turmeric Bliss Iced Tea.



**UPDATE- Adagio has already refunded me the $8.00 for the tea.  Also, they are paying the shipping for me to return the tea to them.  They will take a look at the tea.  They did say that their Tea Master said that the tea has somewhat of a "funky" taste depending on your palette.  I thought maybe they should say that instead of saying it has a citrus notes.
Anyway, KUDOS to them for looking at the tea and refunding me!!!


For my lunch, I went to Journey In Time...because after almost 8 weeks of being closed stores are slowly re-opening around here.  I love this antique shop and it is only 5-6 minutes from my house.



They have a sign up that it is up to you if you want to wear a mask or not.  I love that!  I don't want to start a discussion - so I will not tell you if I wore a mask or not.  But, I will say I liked the option given to customers. 


I like to look at their tea pots and tea cups.  Not, that I need any, but it is fun to look.  They have a nice selection through out the store.



I love this light!!!  I wish I had a place to hang it. The base of each tier is metal serving tray.  It was on for $75.00, but I left it there.  Someone did a really nice job making it.



Most cups and saucers from $5-$10.


Okay, so I did pick up this one cup and saucer.  I have seen it in there before and I just love it.  Violets are one of my favorite flowers. So, for $5. I helped this small business. 



Here is my new "shot" mug.  Maybe for shots of Matcha or for young girl to use. It is so cute.

Below is the violet mug I already had.


#Kettleson
While I am working from home, feel free to stop and get a free cup of tea (of your choice) to go.

Hope you are finding joy and giving joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment