Tea ideas for my some day tea house

Do  you have a vision board?  Keep a journal of your hopes and dreams?  I do.

I have a journal of all things tea that I love.  When visit a tea shop and I love something about it I snap a picture and I store it in a file.  I love the modern farm house look.  I love the exposed brick and the industrial look.  I just love to dream about the possibilities of having a tea shop.

The more I think about my vision, I don't think I want to sell tea.  I want people to come and visit and drink and try tea, but I am not looking to sell tea to them.  I want it to be a ministry.  I want to reach people and share Jesus with them.  I want my shop to be a place of community.  A safe place for all to come, sit, drink tea, and relax.

When I think about my future tea shop I think of England.  I think of teas and cottages and lots of tea.  I have added a white picket fence to my back yard.  Each year I try to add flowers to the fence...trying to get that English cottage feel.


These are some of the flowers from my yard.


I also decided to hang teapots along the fence, not sure if you can see them or not.


I love the Black-eyed Susans along my garage.


I see these painted fences...and I think, I want this!!  I want a a big mural on the side of my building or on the fence around my shop. 





I want tea art on the wall.  



I want to hang this poster of my cat on the wall.  Yes, Ohio Tea Company surprised me with making my cat, Earl Grey, a tea label.  I love this!!!


I want vintage colorful plates on the walls.


I want verses on the wall.  I want God honored and praised there!


I want to make one of these- instead of a red heart, I want a purple mug. 


I want fun and comfy chairs for people to enjoy.


I want an English Cottage feel




But how awesome would an old double decker bus be in my back yard???  I could totally turn this into a tea area.


But more realistically I would go with a building like this.  I can make the outside look more inviting.  And I do like the industrial look as well.  I am not going for the Victorian look anyway.






Here are some outside ideas too.



I'd even settle for a mobile tea truck!!!  Summer would be bubble tea and winter would be scones and chai.


I just want to serve as much tea as a I can and connect with people. If I can share my passion for tea and Jesus I can touch lives.


I have big plans....we will see if I can make any of it happen.  Yet, sometimes just dreaming is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment