Washougal Coffee Company, Iced Chai (Black Scottie Chai), Washougal WA


Just about 20 minutes from my sisters house is Washougal.  I had a lot of fun trying to say the name of this  town.  My family worked with me and now I can say the name and when I say it, it no longer rhymes with arugula. 
I have been there once to visit the Pendleton store. Pendelton has free tour of their factory,  if you get the chance it is super interesting.   It is a cute town.

My niece said that there was a coffee shop there that she had never been too, but they may have tea too.  Since she had the morning off, we decided to go out on an adventure and try it.


A cute little down town shop.




They are a coffee shop, but I love that they do have tea too.  They bagged tea is Tea Pigs.

I decided to go for iced chai.  They said they used Black Scottie Chai, which I was not familiar with so, I was even more excited to try it.  The gal at the counter was super helpful and said that she thought it was a good mix between spicy and sweet. 


(Spices, black tea and honey)


I tried three iced chai teas and this might be my favorite one of the day.  It wasn't overly spicy and it had a nice sweetness without being overly sweet.


These cute bears are painted on the side of one of the buildings in town.



No comments:

Post a Comment