The Tao of Tea , Lychee


My sister found this tea at a discount shop for a $1.00!!  I had lychee fruit when I was in Thailand , so I was looking forward to trying this tea to see if the taste was at all similar.  I was not a huge fan of lychee fruit I thought they were a bit too sweet for me, but I am always up for trying tea.
For me, I found this tea sweet and yet floral too.  I am on the fence with this tea.  I think it depends on what I am eating at the time.  I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either.  I would drink it again, but it would not be a go to tea for me.  I think I need to try it again, but not with a sweet dessert.   Or this maybe a tea perfect for cold brew tea.


From the website, "ABOUT LYCHEE BLACK TEA:
The rich fruit flavor of Lychee perfectly complements the natural sweetness of Chinese black tea in this blend. Together, they make a refreshing Lychee black tea blend that can be enjoyed either warm or iced, and that pairs well with spicy and savory food.
Lychee is native to Southesast Asia and the Indian sub-continent. Harvested in the peak of the summer, it is considered cooling with rejuvenating properties. It is a small plum-sized fruit with red outer skin and sweet juicy fruit inside.
Ingredients: Black Tea Leaves, Natural Lychee Essence. 
Sweet, rich flavor and aroma similar to red roses. Full-bodied brew with little or no astringency."


Celebrating Mother's Day,  which also falls on my dad's birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment