Java Haus Woodland Park CO pumpkin chai

My adventures in CO...

I flew in Denver and spent the first evening at my friend Rachels house.  Then the next evening I spent at my friend Carrie's house.  I was supposed to stay at my friend, Gail's house the next night.  Gail texted that she was sick.  They scrambling began...

I was to be in Denver two nights and then in Colorado Springs for the next three nights.  Two of my friends had full houses, I could not get a hold of my one friends, and then there was the college friend I had not seen in over 25 years....Okay, I did not contact the college friend.  

My friend Carrie said she knew a lady that she worked with that was always opening her home to people.  She talked me into calling her.  So, yes, my third night in Colorado I stayed the night at someones house I had never met.  Way to be flexible, right???  She even took me to another friends house.

Thankfully my friend Gail was better and I was able to spend two nights at her house later in the week.  What an adventure I had.  But, God is good and He was not surprised by any of it.  I was able to make a new friend Thursday night and then Friday I was able to spend the day with people I met this summer on a mission trip in the DR.  That day was spontaneous and unplanned, but I am so glad I was able to see these new friends.

This is the incredible view from my friends house.   I had an incredible time visiting my friend in CO.


I enjoyed drinking tea at Gail's house and enjoying the Rocky Mountain views.



Gail and I spent Saturday heading to the mountains. I was amazed how massive they were.  They just seemed to go on and on and on.   It was so fun to talk to Gail and catch up with her.  I love my Colorado friends!  We met a few years ago on a mission trip.   I can't imagine traveling without them.  They are beautiful, caring women, who love people and love the Lord.



We ended up at Cripple Creek.  We did a little shopping and had lunch.  We wanted to go down in one of the mines, but it was closed.  But, that was okay, it was such a fun trip.  The scenery was breath taking.




On the way home we stopped at Woodland Park for some tea.  I was able to introduce Gail to her first ever chai!!

The other fun thing was our barista was from Ohio.  Brewster, Ohio- which is like 15 minutes from where I live.  It really is a small world.


Java House is a really cute cafe.  I loved the vibe in there.  They were playing Christian music too.  I loved that.





The had a nice selection of drinks and the prices were good too.


We  got pumpkin chai's.  And Gail said she really liked it.  I did too.  It was fun to introduce my friend to her first ever chai.  I think I may have converted her to tea...or at least chai tea.


Five teacups for sure!  Flavors were on point.  The pumpkin notes were delicious.  The price was good.  The staff was friendly and the cafe was quaint and very clean.  I am glad we made this stop!


Wow, this place is beautiful!  I love God's creation.  I get He had so much fun creating the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment