Ohana Kava Bar- kombucha and Yerba Mate

Okay, this is not the place I thought I was going....

I was visiting friends in Colorado and my one friend told me to check out Kawa, I thought she said Kava.  She said she loved that place.  I looked at Kava, and was surprised this was my friends favorite place to go.  But, I saw that they had tea and kombucha and was excited to try it.

The friend I was staying with and I ventured out to this tea place.  This "bar" was only a few miles from her house.  I wasn't sure what Kava was, so I did I little research.  I decided that I wanted to try the tea, but I did not want any Kava in my tea.  It seemed to maybe be a little bit of a hallucinogenic item.

I also knew this was something different when I logged on to the website and they asked if I was over 18, lol.



Longboarders Brew-  Yerba Mate drink with Indo Tea, lightly sweetened with natural pineapple and mango juice!



My friend and I walked in and looked at each other and said, surely this is not the place our other friend was telling us about...but, they had tea....


Kombucha on tap.


I saw on line they did a $5 kombucha tea flight.  When I got there, they did not have the flight, but said I could try all the flavors and then pick my favorite for a cup.

Raspberry was my favorite.  I loved that they had homemade kombucha on tap.  I would love to some day have a kombucha on tap!


Ginger, pear, raspberry, blueberry 



I also did the Longboarders Brew.  It is a get Mate tea.


Both teas get five teacup out of five teacups from me!  This places was not what I expected, but I still loved the tea.  The barista was super friendly and helpful.  The prices were good. I didn't care that I stood out like a sore thumb, and the other patrons didn't seem to care either.  


My friend and I sent this pick to our other friend.  She cracked up and said that this was NOT the place she was sending us.  She wanted us to try Kawa Coffee.  What are the chances that there are two tea/coffee places in the same town that have names that are this close.


I enjoyed the Kombucha very much.




No comments:

Post a Comment