NORPO GLASS FORTH MASTER vs FROTHER IKEA

I wanted to be able to froth my chai tea, but I did not want to buy an expensive frother if I did not have to.  I went to Amazon to see what was available.  I was pleased with what I found.
 
 
 
 
$9.08 new + shipping

 http://www.amazon.com/IKEA-Produkt-Milk-Frother/dp/B002Y6FBU2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368294912&sr=8-1&keywords=frother+ikea

       .69 plus $4.95 shipping from Amazon, with shipping it is still less then I was seeing in tea stores.

 
SO WHAT DID I THINK IF THE TWO FROTHERS.....




 
I usually don't read instructions, but I did want to get this right...especially if I was blogging about the results.  So, I poured the cold milk into the beaker (I poured to the line that said Max), then I pumped for 10-20 seconds and was shocked that the milk more than doubled in size.




I pulled up the pump and there was LOTS of froth.  I made this with cold milk, you can also make it with warm milk.


 
I made my Chai with the Teavana Oolong Maharajia Chai (Mahajia is rich spices wafting together create the intoxicating taste of India. Alluring chai intensely mixes with royal splendor oolong tea creating taste bursts of cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutty cardamom. The famed 'Spice Route' is conjured up in every rich cup of this robust and most favored chai). 
Teavana has lots of great Chai tea, one of my other favorites is Samurai Chai Mate.
 
 




I steeped the Chai tea, poured the cold frothed milk into the cup, and then added the chai to the milk



 
Even after I poured the frothed milk into the cup, I still had lots of froth left.  I tasted it and it was great!  I don't like really hot tea, so I think that the cold milk helped cool it down.  I felt like I had paid high dollar for the Chai Latte.  The nice thing was that I did not have any sugar too it like they do in the stores... I don't like sugar in my tea.  I would give this frother 5 stars out of 5!!!
 
Now to try the IKEA Frother.....



This time I warmed the milk in the microwave first.  This is the way my sister, Christy, makes her Chai Latte.  I put the milk in the microwave for 30 seconds.



 Then I frothed it for about 10-20 seconds, and again I got a great froth!



 I steeped the tea and then added it to the milk that was in the cup.  And now for the taste....Again it was great!!!!  So, for less than $6.00 I got a battery operated frother that is wonderful!!!!  I would recommend this one as well   5 out of 5!!!!

 Look at both mugs, they both look great!!


 both have great froth...did not seem to matter if it was cold milk or warm milk, or a hand pump or battery operated frother.

even after 5 minutes there is lots of froth left.  Also the black base comes off the beaker so you could put the beaker into the microwave to warm up your milk.

Both are great options!!!!  Both easy to clean, both make great froth.

4 comments:

  1. I decided to pull out my $.69 frother that I bought in WA and never used. Oh my, goodness. Used it this morning and the milk frothed at least double in size. Am enjoying my Oregon Chai with a lot of froth! Thanks, Kerrie.
    mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah!!!! SO glad you enjoyed it!! Thanks for sharing. enjoy your tea. Kerrie

      Delete
  2. Interesting post, but I never like to use a milk bubbler

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for reading Kathryn. Have a great day. Let me know if you ever try a milk bubbler and if you like it. Kerrie

    ReplyDelete