What do you drink from???

 How fun is it to make a cup of tea in a special tea kettle or tea pot?  Something your mom gave you, or your child or spouse.  A fun pot you picked up at a kitchen store or a unique flea market.  Here are some of my favorite tea pots..... 
                 


This blue one I purchased in Amsterdam, it sits on a base with a candle to keep the water warm. The glass one in Munich.



Here is a tea pot that matches a set of dishes I purchased when I was working at Lehman's Hardware.  I love this little tea pot.  It is made by a company called Friendship Pottery in Ohio, that is no longer in business.



 
Here are my flea market finds.  I just to collect green granite ware.  This little green tea pot is so cute!  Even though I would probably only get about 6oz of hot water in it I can't help put love it!



I have two usable tea sets.  The green set is from Audreys Attic that I purchased for like $10.00.  I love the colors and the vintage look.   The blue set is from Chinatown, San Francisco, California while visiting my sister.  We shopped quite a few shops till we found the perfect tea set. 




This tiny little set I picked up in Lake Lugano, Switzerland.  I was out shopping one day and it called my name. 


Then there is the tea cup.  You sometimes just have to have the perfect cup to drink tea!!!  The cup can evoke memories just like the tea pot.  Maybe the friend you were with the last time you drank for the cup.  Or maybe the place where you purchased the cup.  Or possibly the person who gave you the treasured cup.
Here are steins I brought back from Switzerland and German yon two different trips.  They are nice because they are sturdy, keep the tea warm and also evoke emotion.





Then there is the cup that I had made when I sold cards.  This is a great hand made cup from an Ohio Pottery company and it hold lots of tea.


I have the reindeer cup from my friend Marlene.  I then have the Daisy cup- daisies are my favorite flower.  then I have the little Demi mug from a trip to San Francisco.  How does one decide what to drink from?  One for every day of the month???

Here is a special cup and saucer my sister brought me back from London, England


 
                                                                          
                                               
 
I have the special cup that my sister made with photos of my nephews.  I also have my big cup that reminds me of one of my favorite shows, "Friends".  then I have a cup and saucer from my sweet friend Krista





Okay, then there is this special cup and saucer I hand carried back from Segou Africa for my mom in 2006. I bought it from some African potters. It is special, unique, and one of a kind. My mom keeps it up on a shelf in her kitchen.





I have two antique cups that are from my parents, so those are special. Then I have the fun mug with my name on it.


 I have my two favorite work mugs.  The Lehman Hardware mug, https://www.lehmans.com  I got when I was the pottery purchaser.  I used to pick up the pottery in Shreve.  Then of course there is the mug with our logo on it.


                                                                                                                     
Then I have my fun travel mugs.  one if from Thirty One, http://www.thirtyonegifts.com/  the company I used to sell for.  Then the there is the travel mug that looks like a camera lense.


Then there is MY favorite mug!!!  I love this big mug, it hold 16 oz.  It is sturdy, and it has my favorite animal on it.  I love moose, I love tea, and I love this mug!!!

Happy drinking to all of you!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you drink your tea out of a beer stein. Great idea!
    On a day to day basis, I drink my tea out of a normal glass. I also use this glass to drink water. This way, I don't use that many dishes and don't have to turn on the dishwasher that often.
    When I have guests, or when I feel like treating myself to something special, I use one of my many nice cups which range from funny (Eeyore) to classic (Villeroy & Boch).

    ReplyDelete