Day 22, Featuring Justea Purple Rain

It's already day 22 of working from home.  I can't believe it has been almost a month.  It's been a good month.  Different, but good.  I hope you are able to find the good in all of this too.


I am fever free, so I am ready to start my day!


Tomorrow is my Uncle Jay's 91st birthday!!!  He lived in Kenya for a few years working with his Mennonite Ministry...my mom even lived there with him for a few months.

In honor of my Uncle's birthday and his life in Kenya, I am drinking purple tea- from Kenya!



From the website, "Caffeine: Very Low

Antioxidant Boost: Purple Tea contains more antioxidants than Kenyan green tea with half the caffeine.

Organically Grown: Hand-picked in Kenya. No pesticides or chemicals are sprayed on our tea leaves.

Steeping Instructions: 1 Teaspoon –190°F – 4 mins (for a second cup, re-steep 8 mins)

100% Natural Ingredients: Organic Lemongrass, Kenyan Purple Tea, Hibiscus, Apple Pieces, Rosehips, Natural Passion Fruit Flavour."


This tea is really good.  It has great fruity notes. I love hibiscus and this tea blends it so well with the lemongrass, apple and purple tea.  There is a tartness to it, but I love it.  

I have not figured out the purple tea flavor, but I like this tea!  Sometimes when I drink a tea, I can tell by taste if it is an oolong, green, or black tea... and sometimes not, but I have not been able to figure out the purple notes...not yet anyway. 



Here I am, below, with my Uncle.  You may think he looks familiar.  Ever been to Lehman's Hardware in Kidron, Ohio??  He is the founder  :) 


It was a good day.  Work went smoothly, I got new fun tea pot face mask and two visitors. 
  


My friend learned to crochet, just last night, and she made me these adorable tea coasters!!
I love these bright colorful coasters- and I love how they match my tea cups!




Then my co-worker stopped by and dropped some goodies and picked up tea.  I am not a hugger, but it's been over a month since I have seen her- I wanted to hug her!!  We social distanced and did not hug.  It was so fun to see her and catch up a little.


I made her my new tea from Teas & Such, Lemonade Punch. 

I hope you are finding joy and giving joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment