ESP Emporium Oolong Lemon Basil




Ingredients: half-fermented tea (86%), basil, lemon granules (fruit (lemon juice), malt dextrin, natural lemon oil, gelling agent: sodium alginate), flavoring, marigold blossoms. 



When I make tea in the french press, I put the tea above the press so that I can lift the press when the tea is done steeping, that way I don't over steep it.  Or I put the loose leaf tea a tea bag to steep.


As an oolong tea you don't want to burn the tea leaves.  Your water should be around 180 degrees.  You also want to steep for 3 minutes.
I know people want to know how long tea lasts....well, if you keep it in a dark, air tight container it will last longer.  This tea is about 4 years old, some people might have already tossed it, but I think it is still good  The trick I think is adding more tea and steeping a little longer.

This tea has great lemon notes.  The notes of basil are light, but I taste them.  I also get the oolong flavor.  I like this tea a lot.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment