THIRD STREET Iced Green Chai- ICED


The other day it was almost 90 and the humidity was high, so I thought I would make some iced chai. 
I had gotten this Chai concentrate at a scratch and dent/discount store.  I was unsure what to think since it was green chai, but decided I would never know until I tried it.  (Side note- I sometimes find green teas to be grassy tasting).  But, I loved it!  I did note that this tea did have a strong pepper taste.  The second time I made it I put more milk in it to lessen the strength of the tea....and I lied it better.   I put about 1/2 soy milk and 1/2 chai and then added ice.  It was great!   I recommend that if you have Chai around that you make it cold in the summer and have fun

 
 
From Wikipedia- The Kashmiri version of chai is brewed with green tea instead of black tea and has a more subtle blend of flavourings: almonds, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and sometimes saffron. In Bhopal, typically, a pinch of salt is added.


 
from the Website:

Our Story

We know, we know. It’s nearly impossible to imagine life without chai. But in 1995, chai was – actually, chai wasn’t. Back then, you’d say “chai” to someone and they’d glaze over, like you were speaking Ewok. So when we (we being a few kids at a coffee shop) started selling the homemade blends of teas and spices we loved sipping after long training rides and even longer nights (again, we were young, ahem), people probably thought we were nuts.
Most people, anyway. But not Boulder people. In 1995, Boulder, Colorado was already a mecca for sustainable, somewhat “experimental” things, welcoming all kinds of new-comers to an industry they were calling natural foods. And as we were already swimming in a sea of tea and tofu, we set out to make our own mark.
Well, in any case, we set out. To say that we had really grand aspirations is a little grand. We really just wanted to make enough money to buy our next bikes. To do the kind of work that would make us happy. To make something that would make other people happy. Maybe those are grand aspirations themselves, but we really had no idea whether this chai thing was going to catch on. So we stuck to the happiness metric.
Then chai got sticky, too.
Since 1995, Third Street Chai has joined the leagues of the most loved chai in the nation. We’re not feigning humility by saying we’re not quite sure how it happened – because even though we’ve grown, we haven’t changed. We still make everything we sell, just like we used to (guess the pots are a little bigger, now that you mention it). From sourcing to blending to brewing to biking to work, it still happens right here in Boulder. And it’s gonna stay that way.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment