Bollywood Theater chai- Portland





I believe it used to be endless chai, but now it is limited to one refill.  It was a chai like I have never had before.  My sister was a big fan.  For me, there was something almost floral in it.  I was not a huge fan.  I mean don't get me wrong- I had two cups...but I would not be listed in my top 5 of favorite chai teas.  Now, the food- that was a different story- they might be listed on top 5 Indian places I have eaten.  Very different and VERY fun!!!

Chai: milky and sweet,
served hot or cold$2.75

http://www.bollywoodtheaterpdx.com/





from the website:

Make no mistake, this is not the weak, boring chai you find on supermarket shelves. Our Bollywood Theater Masala Chai is as close as you can get to the stuff served by the Chai Wallahs in the streets of Delhi. 
This is an authentic, rich and robust Masala Chai blend featuring the freshest Indian Assam Black Tea, Green Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper and Ginger (plus more) we could find. We worked with Bollywood Theater's Chef Troy MacLarty, to put together the same blend he serves in his award-winning, third-eye opening restaurants. 
My partner on the ground in India, Mr. Divakar, travels from farm to farm, estate to estate, cherry-picking the freshest spices just for us. He ships them to us in small-batches, so things remain crazy fresh. You'll understand what I'm talking about the second you tear open a bag. 
Delicious served hot or on ice. The 3 oz package makes about 10 cups. The 8 oz tube makes about 25. And the pound size makes about 50. Add sugar to taste. 
Bollywood Theater is a wildly popular Indian street food eatery with two locations in Portland, Oregon. Both are just a rickshaw ride from downtown.

Facts
  • Choose Net Wt. 3oz, 8oz or 16 oz.
  • 3oz makes about 10 cups, 8oz makes about 25 cups, 16oz makes about 50 cups
  • An authentic rich and robust loose leaf tea featuring the freshest farm-direct tea and spices in India
  • Delicious served hot or cold over ice
  • Formulated exclusively for Reluctant Trading by Chef Troy MacLarty of the critically acclaimed Bollywood Theater eateries in Portland, Oregon
  • Sealed in food-grade mylar bag
  • Packaged in resealable kraft tube

  • Masala Chai Ingredients: Assam Black Tea, Green Cardamom, Cloves, Black Pepper, Fennel Seeds, Ginger Root, Cinnamon and Bay Leaves






The food was awesome!!!  I was a big fan of the spices!!!  

great vibe inside.





My sister and I shared 4 different street foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment