Shui Zian Oolong, Ohio Tea Company





I went to Ohio Tea the other day and asked what new teas they had.  This Oolong was one of them.  Oolong is my favorite kind of tea.  

I was excited to take my tea on the go set and have tea at work.  This is a good tea to make in the Gaiwan tea set as well.


This type of tea is pretty old, not this tea, but this kind of tea.  It is not as sweet or floral as some of the Oolongs I prefer, but I still enjoyed it.  

This is the more brown twiggy Oolong as opposed the the rolled Oolong.


Shui Xian is an oolong tea from the Wuyi Mountains in Fujian, China with a heavy honey fragrance. This Oolong tea is named after Narcissus, a Greek mythological figure. The tea is oxidized to about 60%, and its taste improves with age. It has a subtle burnt taste and is very popular with Chinese restaurants. The infused color is very dark brown showing that the tea is a very dark Oolong


I added the water to the pot, which was 185 degrees.  I then measured out my one teaspoon of tea and added it to the pot and let it steep for 4 1/2 minutes.  It says 4-6 minutes, but I like to do it on the lower end to get more cups of tea out of one serving.  But, play around and see what you like.


This tea pot hold exactly enough water for two cups of tea.  It is fun to drink from these little cups.


This tea is darker and probably not a tea I would drink a lot, but I did enjoy it.  Next time I have Chinese food I will make this tea.  It does have a slight burnt taste, but they say that does well with Chinese food.  Also steeping it a shorter time it does not get as strong as it could be.  I will keep it on the more mild side.

You can read more about tea in Asian restaurants.  I found this VERY interesting. 





No comments:

Post a Comment