Ohio Tea Company, Ontario Icewine


Enjoying my new mug- my parents gave it to me for Christmas.  It is from Lehmans, my uncle's store. I worked there for years when I was younger.  I have so many fun memories working there with my family.




from the website, 

"Extra Info:

The complex method for making Ontario ice wine is modeled after the centuries old techniques for making German Eiswein. (The first ice wines were produced in Germany about 700 years ago.) According to Canadian law, in order to be considered true Ice Wine, all grapes must be harvested after the first hard freeze at a minimum of 8.
Freezing temperature is key. If it doesnt come quickly enough in the season the grapes can rot. If it is too severe, the grapes will become to hard and no juice can be extracted. In order to retain their sweet flavor, the harvested grapes need to be pressed immediately while still frozen. The pressed juice is thick and sugary, much like the wine produced after fermentation!"

I find the extra information fascinating!!!


This tea is not like any tea I have ever tried- in a good way.  I have never had icewine, so I am not sure what it taste like, but this tea is great.  The notes are sweet.  It is super delicate.  I really love drinking it.


These leaves remind me of a silver needle tea.


It is white tea, so you need to make sure you never boil the water or over steep the leaves.


Enjoying tea with my Uncle Jay, lol!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment