Justea, Safari Oolong


One of my co-workers made monster cookies, they are wonderful!  The remind me of cookies that my mom used to make.  They are my all time favorite cookie.




From the website, "A rare find from Kenya, this oolong tea is meticulously crafted in small batches.  Hand-plucked, withered, tossed, panned, rolled and then dried, these complex processing steps result in an exquisite cup of tea.  Enjoy!
Tasting Notes: Smooth & Satisfying, Candied Hazelnuts & Apricot"


Oolong is my favorite kind of tea.  I was excited to try this Safari Oolong.  My mom lived in Kenya for almost a year doing some mission work- so I love that Justea is from Kenya.

One of my favorite memories of Africa!  Riding on the top of the 4Runner and looking for animals.  At one point even being chased by elephants.  Their flapping ears and trumpeting call- it was incredible!!!







We spent the night in this "hut".

Here is a mom elephant and her baby.


I was in Africa in 2006 doing mission work and went on Safari.  It was an incredible experience.  I could not wait to try this tea,  I have to say I did not get any of the hazelnut flavor.  It was still a good tea, but I missed the hazelnut. 

I have to admit I messed up the first time I made this tea.  I had the water too hot, so when I tried the tea it was awful because I had bruised the leaves.  I had to throw it out and try again.  The second time I made the tea it was really good.  I would like more hazelnut in it, but other than that it did not disappoint.



I am also enjoying my new WV camper van mug.


Earl Grey, my cat, is eyeing my tea....


No comments:

Post a Comment