LEMON BLUEBERRY SCONES!!

my niece and nephew love these!!!

With every cup of tea you need a good scone, right??? Okay maybe not EVERY time you have tea...but this scone recipe is so good, you will not be able to stop at one!!

Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones

1C whole wheat pastry flour
... 1C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/4 tsp salt
1C Vanilla yogurt
1 T lemon juice
1 egg
1/4 C butter, melted
1 C fresh or frozen blueberries

glaze
1/2 C confectioner's sugar
1T lemon juice
1/2 tsp grated lemon peel

in a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, combine yogurt, egg, and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Drop by heaping tablespoons 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm scones.
 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Making these tomorrow! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me know what you think! I believe that they are the best I have ever had.

      Delete
  2. I have had these and they are wonderful. This is such a fun blog!! I love tea, too and look forward to suggestions and comments from other people!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kerrie. I love tea, too. Thank you so much for the scone recipe and for such a fun blog. And I agree with you--they go great with a cup of tea. One of my favorite teas is sold by the Empress Hotel in Victoria, Canada. I was there once for High Tea and it was the first time I had ever had hot tea with milk and sugar. What a treat! I don't have a blog but my email address is polarsatin@gmail.com I have a small collection of tea pots and cups.

    Audrina T.

    ReplyDelete