Turkish Tea Table at Beulah Beach Auction

I enjoyed my annual trip to the Memorial Day Weekend Beulah Beach Benefit Auction.  This is the 10th annual auction. I think I have only missed one.  It is always a wonderful times to see old friends and to support the camp.  It was a beautiful weekend up on the shores of Lake Erie.


I love these signs!! It means I almost their, almost to my happy place.

I have my bidding card, which is my favorite number. 27!    I think it is going to be a good bidding day 


I was super excited to see another tea item at the Auction.  Last year I bought a Turkish Tea pot, it was donated by a couple who used to live and and work in Turkey.  I was excited when she confirmed that this table was from them as well.



I won the bid!!!!!!  there was only one other lady bidding and I won!  Truth was, I was determined to win :)  I got it for $100.00, great deal and money going to a great cause.  You just can't beat Beulah Beach and all they do for kids and leading them to Christ!!!

I've said it before, but Beulah Beach has played a crucial role in shaping the person I am today!  I was a camper their from 8-17, then a camp counselor from 18-28, and I lived and worked here for a year with their guest services.  The camp is almost 100 years old, I believe in the work that is done there and I am happy to support them.



I wanted to, I could hang up the table top and store the table base and chairs.  But, for now I want the table out!  I want to enjoy it with the teapot on it!

I am excited that my friend, Laurie, says she knows how to make Turkish tea.  She said she will come and teach me!  I am thrilled to learn!  The lady I bought the tea pot from, has given me pointers- but I would love to watch someone make it and try it.



It is a nice size and does fold up if I need it too.




Here it is in my living room....already for a tea party.  I joked with the lady I bought the items from, that maybe next year she will sell the tea cups :0


I could not be happier with the tea set!!!!  I just love the way it looks and I can only imagine the history of it being used in Turkey. The time the women had sharing and laughing over tea.


No comments:

Post a Comment